Tuesday, March 29, 2011
3. Smoothness (5/5) I had to include this separate from picture because it is so important. The 3D effects happen so smoothly, they seem natural. After a few minutes, you'll be wondering where this was all your life. There was no lagging, no slowdowns, and no bad pixelation on anything I was doing. I honestly feel as if I could have played this game for hours (unfortunately, I had to share the system).
4. Comfort (5/5) This system was incredibly comfortable in the hands. It feels roughly the same dimensions as the DS Lite or the DSi. It's amazing to think that something so powerful comes in a package so small. You'll be able to spend hours playing your games and be held in awe all the time you do.
5. Potential (10/10) This system opens up so many new doors beyond games. Even though gaming is the primary focus, like it is on most Nintendo products, there is so much more potential for this. For example, Netflix could be put on this system, and then Netflix could begin streaming 3D movies, which you'd be able to watch on the 3DS. Or Nintendo could do like the PSP and come out with movies on a cartridge or for download, and those could likewise be in 3D. The camera allows you to take 3D pictures, and imagine being able to post those photos online and allowing other people to see your images on their 3DS or 3D capable device. And, beyond gaming, the technology itself makes it possible that we may be seeing things like 3D laptops and 3D tablets and even 3D cell phones (which are coming, by the way), and making it all affordable. Which brings me to my last point:
6. Affordability (3/5) This is the only point where I have a gripe. Right now, the system costs around $250.00, which is a lot of money in this economy. It's especially a lot considering that full consoles that play on big screen TV's cost less than this handheld one. Add into the fact that the games are $40.00 each, and on day one, you could be shelling out over $300.00 just for a system and a game. Comparatively, the Nintendo Wii costs $200.00 and it includes 2 games, one of which is Wii Sports Resort, which has the same game as Pilotwings Resort, as well as a bunch of other games. But, for a 3D system, this is the most affordable 3D gaming device out there. I predict, though, that in a few months, maybe even by the holiday season, we will start seeing 3DS coming down to a more reasonable price range, around maybe $200.00.
All in all, the 3DS is a powerhouse gaming system, offering the first affordable 3D gaming we have seen yet, and it will get people talking about 3D games. Depending on where Nintendo goes with this technology, the 3DS may be the start of a new revolution, and, once again, it is begun by Nintendo. I will be getting a 3DS as soon as I can afford to do so.
In two weeks, I’ll be back with my original Techie Tuesday of finding a computer and how to go about it. Hope this Techie Tuesday is worth it to you.
So being a stay at home mom my hair is almost always in a pony tail. Well then when Jon gets home from work he wants me to run to the store, or go get a movie from blockbuster, or go here with him etc. So I I have fallen in love with a new hair accessory!I like the Flexi8 because it allows me to have a ponytail, but a MUCH prettier more put together one.
Flexi 8 has 6 different sizes perfect for you to mix and match based on hair type and the style you want to create. After you choose your size browse through dozens of different bead types, colors and styles.
"The Flexi 8 is a completely unique, flexible barrette that holds thick, thin, curly, straight, fine and coarse hair. The Flexi 8 comes in a variety of sizes and hundreds of ever changing styles. Flexi 8 uses an ingenious patented locking mechanism to secure it in your hair. It's such an attractive and unique accessory for your hair, once you try the Flexi 8, LOOK OUT! (you're in love)."
Features I love about this clip are simple. Besides being ultra stylish, they are very well made, so simple to use and it's only one piece! The patented locking chopstick like piece is actually linked to the whole thing so you will never lose a piece and not be able to use it. I have used similar concepts but they are 1) not flexible and 2) are multiple pieces and I always seem to lose one, which is why I stopped buying them. Those are not problems with Flexi 8.
John Dorsey is the creative mind behind the Flexi 8. 18 years ago he started by making beaded chopsticks after being fascinated by the expensive ones his wife had purchased at Nordstrom. Friends and major retailers made these beaded chopsticks a success selling several million pairs nationwide.
Over time like many of us there were ups and downs. The economy took a turn and sometimes made it hard for them to make rent (boy do I know that feeling). That is when Johns wife Missy said "pull out some of your old beads and wire, make something and go sell it...NOW or else!" Out of this need to follow his wife's "or else" orders the Flexi 8 was born.
It does not matter how long, short, thin, thick, curly or straight your hair is, anyone can use the Flexi 8!
BUY IT: To check out all of the Flexi 8 styles and sizes, visit http://www.flexi8.com/. Here are a couple of tips to ponder before buying:
- Most women over-estimate what size they need, read the sizing guidelines
- You should try out different sizes for different hair styles
- Take a look at the sizing video before choosing your size
Flexi8 has offered one Family Treasures reader the chance to win a set of Three(3) clips of your choice.
Head over to Flexi8 and let me know which 3 you'll choose
Please include your e-mail address in format name @ domain dot com. Otherwise a new winner will be chosen!
EXTRA ENTRIES: (1 each)
- Follow my Blog
Follow me on Facebook
- Blog about the giveaway Linking to this Giveaway and the Flexi8 website
- Become a Subscriber
DISCLAIMER: I was sent the Flexi 8 products by O'Dorsey Inc to sample and write an honest review. All opinions expressed in the above post are mine and mine alone and are unbiased.
If you’ve ever dreamed of seeing your words in print, you’ll want to enter the Cheerios® New Author Contest! They’re on a quest to find the next great new children’s book author, so this could be your chance to make your publishing dreams come true! One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a possible publishing deal with Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, in addition to having your book featured inside Cheerios cereal boxes nationwide.
Cheerios’ New Author Contest is ongoing now and runs through July 15, 2011. Entrants must write and submit an original story (in either English or Spanish), which is suitable for children ages three to eight. If you think you have the “write” stuff, visit www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com for more information and to enter.
Also, in conjunction with the New Author Contest this year, Cheerios plans to donate 100,000 new books through its charitable partner, First Book. As part of its Spoonful's of Stories® program, Cheerios works with First Book to get high-quality, award-winning books in the hands of children in need. Since the program’s inception in 2002, Cheerios has given away more than 50 million children’s books free inside cereal boxes. Cheerios has also donated $3.5 million to the nonprofit First Book® to get books to children from low-income families.
How Do You Hug a Porcupine? by 2009 New Author Contest Grand Prize Winner Laurie Isop, of Renton, Wash., will be featured inside 3 million specially marked boxes of Cheerios this spring! Isop’s charming story was selected from more than 8,000 entries, and will also be available in bookstores nationwide as of July 26. Ron Rauss of Warrenton, Va., is the Grand Prize Winner of the 2010 New Author Contest and his winning story, Can I Just Take a Nap?, will appear inside Cheerios cereal boxes in spring 2012.
You could be next! If you dream about being the 2011 New Author Contest Grand Prize Winner and seeing your original children’s book in print, head over to www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com for more information, and then get writing! I’d love to announce you as the next winner!
DISCLOSURE: I received a copy of How Do You Hug a Porcupine? as a thank-you for sharing this valuable information with you. No financial compensation was provided.
Like everyone else I’ve vowed this year to try and be more fit, possibly lose weight and just be healthier than last year. I’ve made lots of changes in my diet and habits to attain this goal so I was just over the moon when I was given the chance to try the “Yoplait Light Two Week Tune Up” Challenge!
This year, Yoplait Light is giving women a great new way to get ready for special occasions with the launch of the new Two Week Tune Up plan. Whether it’s for a class reunion, a birthday, or your best friend’s wedding, Yoplait Light’s Two Week Tune Up could help you lose five pounds in two weeks by:
- Replacing your breakfast and lunch with a Yoplait Light yogurt, a whole grain,
and a fruit
- Eating a diet rich in lean protein and non-fat dairy, including a sensible dinner, beverages, and snacks
- Walking 30-40 minutes daily
- coupons for Yoplait Light yogurt.
- a gym bag,
- a reflective wrist wallet
- and a pedometer
All these things are there to keep me moving and motivated!
If you want to find out more on how you too can participate in the Yoplait Light Two Week Tune Up, go to
www.Yoplait.com, where you will find the full plan details as well as robust online tools to help you lose weight and boost your confidence over two weeks. Yoplait Light has provided tips and advice available on Yoplait.com, along with valuable online weight loss tools such as a meal planner, healthy recipes and a daily food and exercise tracker. With 33 delicious flavors of Yoplait Light to choose from, you can switch up your diet menu as often as you like.
I am happy to say that I get to give away the same prize pack pictured above, to one of my lucky readers . Please note that your winner’s prize pack will include only one VIP coupon* for a free cup of Yoplait Light yogurt.
*This coupon offer for Yoplait Light yogurt is not valid in some states, including California, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Jersey, Nevada, North Dakota and Tennessee.
All you have to do to enter is to # 1 be a family treasures follower and #2 leave me a comment and tell me which Yoplait Light flavor you are most looking forward to incorporating into your two week tune up.
It’s that simple!!
Disclaimer: Yoplait provided me with the free product, information and giveaway through MyBlogSpark
well its that time again where I get to announce the winner of my latest giveaway.
OH Ok, I guess you guys deserve to know who won so here you go……
Cathy W you are the winner! Congrats!!!!!
please contact me with you info so I can have you prize shipped to you.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I’m giving away a $25 gift card to Oompa.com.
All you have to do is be a Family Treasures follower and go to Oompa then come back here and tell me what you would like to purchase.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
- Nutella Brownies!
- You can find the simple recipe here.
- Animal crackers with nutella,
- celery filled nutella,
- (pictured center)
- Nutella and fruit on whole wheat sandwich thins
- From Recipe Provide to Guests
- Breakfast Roll-ups
- Whole wheat tortillas filled with nutella and fruit!
- From Recipe Provide to Guests
Nutella has a yummy chocolate/hazelnut flavor and is great to have for breakfast, snack or even dessert. Everyone loved it and the Children were begging for more!
If you didn’t get a chance to attend a Nutella party near you and want to try Nutella, Click here for a $1.00 off coupon on a 13oz jar or larger.
Want your own Cool Nutella Merchandise? Learn how by going to their Boutique. While your there enter to win a case of Nutella in the mouthy sweepstakes.
Disclosure: I received a Nutella Party Package through Mommy Parties, MomSelect and Nutella; no other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
I have been given a chance to host a Nutella house party and I’m super excited!
The party is scheduled for March 20th. I cant wait to share this great product with a few other friends and moms out there. And to top off all this fun I will be posting about it after the party.
I wish all of you readers could be here and share in all the fun and goodies but don’t worry you can download a coupon for a $1 off a jar of Nutella and be here in spirit. Also try our your luck and enter the Nutella Sweepstakes on their site.
Friday, March 4, 2011
The Winner of the Snapware goodies is Ashley.
Ashley wrote -
Enjoy baking and storing all your yummy treats in your new snapware products!
I will post the Yoplait Kids winner soon.