My children love to play games. Their father is a gamer, and my children are developing an interest in games as well. As a parent, it is my responsibility to make sure that they get some games that teach them lessons and give them knowledge, as well as allowing them to have fun jumping on the little mushroom guy with Mario.
Such games, when I was growing up, were hard to come by. Thankfully, my children each have a VTech Innotab, and I give them educational games to play. The Innotab is a kid-friendly tablet computer that can be enhanced with game cartridges for further educational adventures. There are eBooks that teach reading and vocabulary. There are licensed games that teach them math, science, and other skills while playing along with some of their favorite characters (like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, or Sophia the First).
Our youngest child, an 17 month old, and our oldest child, a 7 year old, both get extreme enjoyment out of the games they have for the Innotab. They play these games together, and complete the activities together. I personally love this tablet better than anything else on the market, as it is safe, it is entertaining, and it is educational. I cannot wait to give my children more great titles for Christmas this year.
Recently I was contacted and given the opportunity to review these new titles below and they were huge hits in our home. I have three children ages 7, 6, and 17 months and all three enjoyed all the titles below. I will be making a second post with action shots of the children with the games but they are currently packed for our long road trip coming up.
InnoTab My First Nursery Rhymes Learning Cartridge
(Ages 12-36 months; MSRP: $24.99)
· Join Cody and Cora on a musical adventure in My First Nursery Rhymes for VTech's InnoTab Learning Tablets! Listen to nursery rhyme songs, play mini learning games, watch playful animations and learn baby sign language.
· This InnoTab Learning Cartridge includes 25 popular nursery rhymes, mini games, introduces five baby sign language signs and allows you to customizable parent settings.
· In lullaby mode, you can set the timer for 15 minutes and play a loop of 5 sleepytime songs to soothe your child to sleep. You can also customize characters and create an avatar that interacts within the songs.
Our thoughts: Even though the age on the package says 1-3 years. I often found my big kiddos playing with this game as much as my 17 month old. I really liked the lullaby mode and the baby sign language aspects of the game.
InnoTab Disney Winnie the Pooh Learning Cartridge
(Ages 12-36 months; MSRP: $24.99)
· Winnie the Pooh is always hungry for honey in Winnie the Pooh for VTech's InnoTab Learning Tablets. Help him find his honeypot and learn shapes, colors, opposites and more along the way. Includes fun songs and baby sign language with Roo and Piglet!
· This InnoTab Learning Cartridge features an e-Book about Pooh and his great day bouncing with Tigger and friends, four sing-along songs with familiar melodies about Winnie the Pooh and friends, and a Music Box plays four sing-along songs in a loop for up to 30 minutes.
Our Thoughts: Winnie the Pooh is a staple in our home so this game was a pleasant surprise for all of them. My baby loves the characters and exploring gaming first time with loveable characters he is already familiar with.
InnoTab Classic Stories Learning Cartridge
(Ages 3-6; MSRP: $24.99)
· In Classic Stories for VTech’s InnoTab Learning Tablets, children can read three classic stories: The Frog Prince, Pinocchio and The Three Little Pigs, each with three different reading levels.
· This InnoTab Learning Cartridge includes three learning games which introduce writing, rhyming, phonics, reading comprehension and more.
Our Thoughts: I like that this cartridge can read to your child or your child can read the stories alone. It is a great start to early reading.
* Learn more about Vtech and InnoTab below:
· Learning Cartridges page – http://bit.ly/1rAyHYZ
· InnoTab website – http://bit.ly/1u2sl4U
· VTech Twitter – http://bit.ly/Q7J7vM
· VTech Facebook – http://on.fb.me/iIPfUE
Do you want to try these games for yourself? Enter below!
•go to the InnoTab website and pick 2 games you would love to own besides the titles above and leave a comment below
•Do you have a holiday gift giving story that involves video games share it below
• Tweet or Facebook Share this giveaway
Disclaimer: “The VTech product, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech.”