Thursday, November 21, 2013

Peeps not just for Easter

Image16

Peeps. Is there anyone out there that has never had one of those delicious sugar-covered marshmallow ducks? I know my children just LOVE those things. And, almost since their inception, they have never changed a bit. Oh, sure, they've gone from the classic yellow to multi-colored varieties, but they still remain the same, sugar-on-sugar sweetness that all children love.


Image9     Now, for Christmas, Peeps has decided to shake things up by releasing all new Holiday Peeps. They are still sugar-covered marshmallows, only now with exciting flavors just for the holidays.


     The first ones I tried were the Gingerbread Flavored Men. They start off with that classic cinnamon spice, followed immediately by a sweetness that brings it to a more bearable level. I found myself licking my lips and feeling like I just ate a gingerbread man cookie. And here I sit and think, have Peeps gone gourmet?


     Then I cracked open the Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Flavored Chicks. One bite of these and my sweet tooth was deeply satisfied. The minty candy cane flavor, followed by that sweet chocolate, combined with the marshmallow...mmm...I've got to go eat another one right now….

Image15Yumm….
     ...And I'm back. Unfortunately, I don't have any new flavors to try now. The gingerbread men ones are, by far and away the best Peeps I have ever tasted. Besides the two flavors listed here, they also have Milk Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookie Flavored Chicks, Chocolate Covered Mint Trees, Chocolate Mousse Reindeer, Trees, Snowmen, Peppermint Stars, a Rainbow Pop, and the Santa Mix Chick House.

Image5Most of these are the classic Peeps flavor you know and love, only in fun holiday shapes and colors (and the Rainbow Pops would make perfect stocking stuffers), and others are flavored or dipped in delicious chocolate. The only problem? It's so hard to eat more than one.

 Image14

And now for the good stuff your just dieing to find out, the What and Where. What Holiday Peeps are available, and where can I get them?….

PEEPS® holiday offerings include:

  • New Sugar-Cookie Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate (3 ct)
  • Gingerbread Flavored Gingerbread Men (6 ct and New 3 ct)
  • Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Flavored Marshmallow Chicks (3 ct) Image10
  • Chocolate (milk or dark) Covered Mint Flavored Marshmallow Trees (individually wrapped)
  • Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Reindeer (6 ct)
  • Trees (3 and 9 ct)
  • Snowmen (3 and 9 ct)
  • Peppermint Flavored Marshmallow Stars (9 ct)
  • Christmas Rainbow Pop (4 ct)

These celebratory treats can be found nationwide at grocery and drug stores, PEEPS & Company retail stores or at www.marshmallowpeeps.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a bit with us...