Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who Is My Shelter?–Book Review

Who Is My Shelter? By Neta Jackson _240_360_Book_326_cover
Published by Thomas Nelson
Every woman needs a safe shelter.
The tables have turned and Gabby's estranged husband--who threw her out when she didn't live up to his image of a "corporate wife"--needs her in a way neither ever expected. He's begging for reconciliation,
but Gabby has moved on, finding purpose and a future in the House of Hope. Not only has she found shelter for herself and her sons there,
but she's able to help provide shelter for homeless moms and their kids.
And yet . . . there's a hole in her life. Is God leading Gabby down a new path and giving her something--and someone--new? Or is He redeeming what she thought was gone forever?
My Thoughts: This is a heartwarming story about forgiveness and Gods grace. This is the fourth installment in a series that melts your heart and makes you think about what you hold dear to your heart.  I really enjoyed it and will be looking for the previous three books in the series. The author really pulls you into Gabby’s struggle as she tries to figure out what god wants for her. Does she trust her husband again and go back, or does she stick with the new life she has created for her and her children? I really like the cover art as well as the story itself and am glad to have it as an addition to my shelf.
545545

Other Books in the Yada Yada House of Hope Series are.
  • Where Do I Go?, Yada Yada House of Hope Series #1
  • Who Do I Talk To? Yada Yada House of Hope Series #2
  • Who Do I Lean On?, Yada Yada House of Hope Series #3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for reading my latest novel and for your encouraging review! 'Preciate it!
    Neta Jackson
    Author, the House of Hope series

    ReplyDelete

Share a bit with us...