Whew! That sound that we just heard from Crew Members everywhere is a collective sigh of relief. After a spring allergy season that started early and seemed almost never ending, it's finally summer! Longer days and a shorter to-do list allow us to exhale and enjoy spending quality time with our family. However, moms of allergy sufferers know that some triggers can be found year round and each season brings a new set of challenges. That's why we're glad that our Children's Claritin Mom Crew fun will continue into the summer. Keep your eyes open for more tips and exclusive opportunities, including the chance to beautify your community with allergy friendly plants! Until then, soak up the sun and fun that summer has to offer, knowing you're "free to play".
Summer Allergy Tips
During the summer months, grass pollen fills the air across much of North America. There are many types of grasses, and several of them have long seasons. In the southern United States, Bermuda grass is found nearly year-round. When taking care of your entire family, consider these pointers for people whose everyday schedules change in the summer:
- Take Claritin® allergy products as soon as you begin to have symptoms.
- Having medication with you will help you control your allergy symptoms before they control your lifestyle.
- Avoid yard work that may increase your exposure to pollen and molds, such as mowing, raking and weeding.
- Post reminders to take medication.
- Take medication at the same time each day.
- If you need to take medication during the day, carry it with you.
- Buy a watch with an alarm and set it to go off every day when it's time to take your medicine.
- Use Claritin products as directed.
"Free to Play"- 24 Ways to Enjoy the Summer, Both Inside and Outdoors
While summer is synonymous with sun, the high heat or rainy days can also call for indoor activities. Since Children's Claritin is non-drowsy and provides 24-hour relief, your kids can be themselves, no matter what the forecast. Click here to download our "Free to Play 24 Ways" fun sheet.
Everyone loves pizza AND desserts so why not combine them both for a sweet treat featuring summer produce!
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 tub of cream cheese, softened
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- A variety of fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, etc.)
Directions: Roll out cookie dough into a large circle and bake according to package directions. (we make 6-8 mini pizzas instead of one large one) Allow to cool. Mix cream cheese and whipped topping together and spread evenly over your cookie "crust". Cover the pizza with fruit. For a pretty look, start on the outside and do a layer of each kind of fruit, repeating as you get closer to the center. Refrigerate before cutting into "slices" before serving.
Disclosure: As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.