October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I know I’ve been seeing a lot of pink in the grocery isles. General Mills has teamed up with Komen organization to be Pick together!
Do you know anyone that has been touched by breast cancer?
Find hope. Be inspired. Know you are not alone. Join the 2011 Pink Together campaign - now in its fifth year of celebrating hope - by visiting PinkTogether.com to connect with a unique online community of people who have been touched by breast cancer and share a passion for the cause. Individually we are strong, but together we are stronger.
- Visit PinkTogether.com to share your personal story and messages of hope and read about others´ personal journeys. To encourage personal connections, General Mills will donate $1 to the Komen organization for each Message of Hope that is sent to someone who has shared their story on PinkTogether.com (up to $25,000) during October. This is in addition to a $2 million donation General Mills is making to the Komen organization.
- This year, for the first time in its five-year history, at PinkTogether.com consumers can choose how $1 million of this donation will be shared between two important Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, and Prevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Visit PinkTogether.com from September 19, 2011 through April 14, 2012 to make your choice. Results will be announced on Mother´s Day 2012 - Sunday, May 13.
- Meet the 2011 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors, and hear their amazing stories of courage and survival on PinkTogether.com and the Pink Together YouTube Channel.
- General Mills will also be turning the packaging of participating products pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
Giveaway prize pack will contain:
- A 16 oz. box of Total cereal
- VIP coupons valid for one box of Cheerios and Multigrain Cheerios cereal and one cup of Yoplait yogurt
- Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook Pink Together Edition, which includes a collection of more than 150 delicious recipes with complete nutrition information and a 32-page Pink Together Survivor Ambassador bonus section that shares inspirational personal stories of survival as well as recipes
- Water bottle and removable silicone awareness bracelet
- Drawstring sport backpack
- Rhinestone ear buds
Here is what you need to do to enter:
Be a Public Family Treasures Follower and Answer one of the questions below, Mandatory. (1 Entry)
- Like PinkTogether.com on Facebook: http://bit.ly/PinkTogether (1 Entry)
- Watch a video on Pink Together’s YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/PinkTogetherVid (1 Entry)
- Tweet this giveaway linking back to this post and leave me a link to your tweet. (1 Entry)
- Subscribe to family treasures. (1 Entry)
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook. (1 Entry)
- Blog this giveaway don’t forget to link back to me. (1 Entry)
The winner would be randomly chosen via random.org on October 24, 2011.
The Pink Together prize pack, information and coupons have been provided free of charge by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.