Egg and Sausage Muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Bake time: 12 to 15 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- Cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1⁄2 of a 12-oz. package of bulk turkey or pork sausage meat, thawed
- 6 English muffins
- 2 tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, brown the sausage until it's crispy, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cool slightly, and crumble into small chunks.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper, and stir in crumbled sausage.
4. Ladle mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set. Let cool, then loosen gently and remove to a plate.
5. Split and toast the English muffins. Cut tomatoes into about 12 thin slices. Place a slice on each toasted muffin half, and top with an egg-sausage muffin. Serve hot, 2 per person.
*note I am not a cook nor will I ever be one (at least a good one) All recipes are ones our family likes and are not my own.