Friday, February 5, 2010

Completed goals and an extra fun project!

Today I completed another goal on my list!! I also completed one on Feb. 2ND, but forgot to post about it.

I made a Rice sock. If you don't know what a rice sock does read below.
I went to Target and bought these super cute tube socks so that it would be fashionable as well as functional. I got a great deal 3 pairs for $4 on Clearance so I have a few to make for gifts as well.

Overall it was a really simple project, it could have gone smoother had my lil' helper Lorelai not be so, well, helpful. I *Think* I may have used too much lavender oil but I'm sure that it wont hurt anything. As you can see from the wet spot on the heal of the sock.

Making your own at home is super easy and inexpensive — plus your friends will love using the wrap to unwind. All you need is a sock (preferably a longer, knee sock, but most will stretch out), a bag of rice, and lavender or eucalyptus oil, or dried, if you prefer, and some ribbon and note cards (optional for decorating). To learn how to make your own great gift, just keep reading.

1. Fill the sock with rice, making sure there's room at the end to knot it.
2. Add sprigs of lavender or eucalyptus, or fragrant oil to the rice (being careful not to saturate), and knot the end of the sock.
3. Tie the end of the sock with a decorative ribbon and include instructions for heating — just about one to two minutes to get the wrap nice and warm. (you can also pop it in the freezer for a quick ice pack)
4. Wrap the sock around the back part of your neck, lean back, and soak up some soothing heat therapy.

I also finished Our homemade cookbook earlier this week. it looks great and I have plenty of room for more as we find recipes the family enjoys! Right now we have it sorted by Breakfast, Appetizers, Dinner and Desert. If we get a lot more I bought separate binders for each category and enough sheet protectors for 250 pages.


We also made crayons!! Lorelai loved this project and had a blast sorting the colors with mommy.


2 comments:

  1. Where'd you get the sheet protectors? They're expensive where I get them. UGH. The crayons look cute and the rice socks look soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a box of them for $12 at costco. As well as the binders 6 for $8.

    ReplyDelete

Share a bit with us...