Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesdays week 4

Have you ever noticed that most overweight people have a good sense of humor when it comes to their size? It's a defense mechanism, I think, that comes with the added pounds. It's easier to laugh and joke with people about our weight than to stick up for ourselves.
Obesity has become the last thing that it's still PC to make fun of or judge. You can't discriminate by sex, race, or religion, but it's still OK to say - "Your too fat!" Airlines are doing it, jobs do it, and it's an all out target for strangers to attack larger people.

Last week, I shared with all of you my actual weight, even though I was embarrassed to do so. I want to be honest with you all, but at the same time, I've bared my self to your judgements and have lowered the humor wall. Be kind.

I stepped on my mother's scale this week and fell in love with the little liar! It first said 166lbs, then I stepped on it again it said 136lbs. LOL, I guess the key to her scale is to step on it 3 times and add the numbers together.

I haven't lost anything but I'm not giving up. Thanks for following along with my weight loss struggle.


1 comment:

  1. LOL Krystal. How I'd love to see under 200lbs on the scale! And I agree, JOBS do it all the time.. they don't want fat people being the "face" of their business. It's ridiculous! I guess that's why I'm working from home now??? Part of the reason maybe!

    Good luck on your weight loss. Mine is coming along slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete

Share a bit with us...